What is an Internship?
An internship is an experience where a student works for an employer and is given an opportunity to observe, participate, gain confidence, and learn in a professional work setting. An internship gives a student an opportunity to put theory into practice, learn outside the classroom and earn 3 credits. The benefits of an internship include an enhanced ability to make informed career decisions, a greater appreciation for college coursework, increased marketability and the opportunity to obtain academic credit while gaining field experience.
- Work a minimum of 135 hours (travel time not included).
- Attend 4 internship seminars.
- Receive a favorable, written evaluation from employer at completion of the internship.
- Agree on any additional details with your academic advisor.
- Document your work experience in a journal and assemble artifacts in a portfolio created during the internship.
- Give a formal presentation of your internship experience to the class and faculty.
- Must be enrolled as full-time AUR resident student, or a two-semester study abroad student.
- Must be in good academic standing (GPA 2.0 or above).
- Must be junior or senior standing, and have the permission of academic advisor.
Previous internship opportunities have included:
|Adnkronos||Food & Agriculture Organization Of The United Nations||Proctor & Gamble|
|Advicorp Investment Bank||Fulbright Commission||Quantum Solutions|
|Associated Press||Italian Parliament||Radio Vaticana|
|Caritas Internationalis||Jolly Hotels||U.S. Embassy In Rome|
|Context Travel||Marden Entertainment||Vatican Museums|
|Engiweb Security||Nato Defense College||Winter Olympics Committee|
|English Yellow Pages||National Geographic||World Food Programme|
AUR Career Services
The Career Services office organizes monthly workshops on topics such as:
- How to build an effective resume
- How to excel at an interview
- and other job related skills
The Career Officers are available every week to discuss, with students, career development and options. They also maintain AUR's exclusive on-line resource, World of Work Blog, which posts all the career, internship, job and graduate school opportunities, as well as links to a wealth of job-hunting resources.