All EU students who plan to study in Italy for more than three months are instead required to provide the Registry Office (Ufficio Anagrafe) with the reason for their stay in Italy and with their local address.

To carry out this official registration you will need the following documents:

  • A valid European Union ID/Passport (bring a photocopy with you also)
  • A copy of your health insurance.
    As an EU citizen, you should have received from your National Health Service an Insurance Card that entitles you to medical and hospital assistance throughout the European Union. Make sure you bring it with you to Italy.
  • A bank statement or other document that demonstrates that you have the financial means to support yourself
  • A copy of the AUR enrollment letter

Please note that there are several Registry Offices in Rome; the one that you will need to register your presence at depends on your address in Italy. For assistance in identifying your particular Registry Office and for further guidance please contact the Student Life Office.

For further information on student visas, permits and health insurance please contact