- American University (AU), Washington, DC
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Emory University (Goizueta School of Business), Atlanta, GA* Honors Exchange, open to Dean’s List students only.
- Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
- iCLA - International College of Liberal Arts, Yamanashi Gakuin University, Yamanashi, Japan
- International School of Management (ISM), Dortmund, Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg, Cologne, Stuttgart – Germany
- LIM College, New York, NY
- Marymount University, Arlington, VA
- University of Miami. Coral Gables, FL
- University of Westminster (School of Media, Arts & Design), London - U.K.
- Vesalius College, Brussels – Belgium
* For the Emory Honors Exchange only, please contact Professor Fitzsimmons. email@example.com
Through the AAICU Direct Educational Exchange Program (AAICU-DEEP) (Association of American International Colleges and Universities) students can apply to study abroad for a semester at:
- American College of Thessaloniki
- American University of Bulgaria
- American University of Armenia
- American University of Central Asia
- American University of Nigeria
- American University of Sharjah
- Al Akhawayn University, Ifrane, Morocco
- Central European University, Hungary
- Franklin College, Switzerland
- Forman Christian College University, Lahore
- Haigaizian University, Lebanon
- Institute for American Universities (Aix-en-Provence)
- Irish American University
- Lebanese American University
- Saint Louis University, Madrid
- The American College of Greece
- The American University in Cairo
- The American University of Afghanistan
- The American University of Beirut
- The American University in Kosovo
- The American University of Paris
(Some destinations might not be available in case the U.S. Department of State and/or the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued travel warnings or alerts for certain countries. Please refer to https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings.html and http://www.viaggiaresicuri.it/)
AAICU is a leadership organization of American international universities, whose members provide responsible delivery and quality assurance of American higher education outside the United States. Under the approved agreement, undergraduate students at one of the member institutions can study at any of the other campuses of AAICU. Students in the exchange program pay tuition to their home institution, but are responsible for all other costs related to housing, transportation, and fees at the host institution. In addition, students applying must get approval for courses to be taken prior to the semester abroad from their program chair to ensure the proper alignment with GE and major program requirements. All AAIUCU institutions have academic programs based on the American liberal arts model, and transferability of credits between AAICU institutions is guaranteed.
The AAICU-DEEP provides students with opportunities for international and intercultural perspectives through student exchanges, resulting in the awareness of the economic, social and cultural issues in the regions of the world which they are located. Students can apply to the university they wish to study, as a visiting student or study abroad student.
To be eligible for AURA you must have Junior Status ( i.e. have completed 60 credits) and a GPA of 3.0.
An approved Study Abroad semester meets the “Alternative Educational Experience” Requirement of AUR’s General Education Program.
Students are not allowed to take core courses in their major during their Study Abroad semester, but can complete any of the other requirements with the approval of their academic advisor.
AUR’s deadline for applications to study abroad is October 1st for Spring AURA, and March 1st for Fall AURA. All courses taken as part of AURA transfer as pass/fail, with the exception of Emory AURA. A Pass is C and above. C- or lower is a Fail.
The Next Step:
Speak first to the Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) and then with your academic advisor about how the AURA Program can help you achieve your academic goals and how to go about gathering the information necessary to allow you to study abroad at your chosen university.
Administrative fee for AURA:
- €300 for summer session
- €500 for the semester
Independent Study Abroad
AUR students can also apply directly to study abroad at regionally accredited American universities or national universities recognized by the country’s higher education system.
A Note on US Federal Aid
If you receive federal aid you are strongly advised to choose a program outside of the US that is authorized to administer Title IV funds. Failure to do so may make you ineligible for federal aid when you return to AUR. Contact the Assistant Director of Admissions and Financial Aid (email@example.com).