Please note: These course details are in summary format and are subject to change. For full details and the latest updates, please visit here.
Fall 2023 Course Offer
- Fall 2023 Undergraduate course offerings by subject area
- Fall 2023 Graduate course offerings by subject area
Spring 2024 Course Offer
- Spring 2024 Undergraduate course offerings by subject area
- Spring 2024 Graduate course offerings by subject area
Institutional Student Learning Outcomes
The goals of The American University of Rome’s General Education program are:
- to achieve a broad knowledge base drawn from multiple disciplines, typical of an American Liberal Arts Education.
- to develop and strengthen basic skills which will prepare students upon graduation for a modern working environment and which will be adaptable to a rapidly evolving economy.
- to use Rome as a classroom and as an invaluable learning resource.
- to encourage active and responsible citizenship through knowledge of the forces shaping the actions of individuals and societies and through the development of critical thinking.
- to cultivate an awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and its importance in personal and professional decision-making.
The goals of The American University of Rome’s General Curriculum are:
- to gain deep disciplinary knowledge
- to acquire research or creative skills (as required by the student’s major(s))
Approved by the Division Chairs on April 20, 2023