The American University of Rome provides equal opportunity for all qualified individuals in its educational programs and activities. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income or Vietnam-era veteran status. It conforms to all applicable federal and state non-discrimination laws. The policy of equal opportunity applies to every aspect of the operations and activities of the university generally and includes admissions and employment.
Current Faculty Opportunities
Adjunct Faculty for Business and Communication & Digital Media program
The American University of Rome’s Programs of Business and Communication & Digital Media are seeking to hire an Adjunct lecturer to teach a course on the Economics of Media and Communication in Spring 2022. Please send an email with a statement of interest and C.V. to Professor Lorenzo Coretti.
Our Programs seek candidates who are based in Rome and possess the legal documentation necessary to work in the European Union. Preference will be given to candidates with terminal degrees (PhDs or their equivalents) and teaching experience within a student-centered learning environment. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled, and only finalists will be notified.
AUR is an equal opportunity employer.
Application procedure: Please email your C.V. and a Statement of Interest to Professor Lorenzo Coretti, Program Director of Communication & Digital Media
Current Administrative Opportunities
Admissions Communication Coordinator
The American University of Rome is seeking to appoint an Admissions Communication Coordinator working within the Admissions department.
The Admissions Communication Coordinator will play a significant role in the development of a communication strategy that is directly in line with the University’s recruitment strategy for undergraduate and graduate students. The Admissions Communication Coordinator will be confident in the creation of detailed and targeted communication plans for each student stage.
The Admissions Communication Coordinator will work closely with the Marketing & Communications Department and the CRM specialist to customize student communication plans and guide them through the process from inquiry to enroll with the overall scope to increase degree-seeking student enrollment.
The successful candidate will be a skillful and strategic content producer who has the ability to effectively supplement and reinforce Admissions Counselor outreach efforts.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Development of communication strategy in support of the recruitment strategy for undergraduate and graduate admissions.
- Create content specifically for Admissions communication plans, providing content, style management and design oversight ensuring that it is pertinent to target audiences.
- In collaboration with the CRM manager, implementation of automation initiatives within the admissions processes & increase utility of Pardot tools within engagement plans.
- Track and analyze engagement metrics of communication plans for strategic improvements.
- Transition communication plans to responsive formatting.
- Ensure consistency of brand alignment and responsive formatting within new engagement plans and associated communication activities, in line with institutional brand guidelines. Maintain brand consistency with values, personality, and objectives of AUR.
- Miscellaneous Admissions & Recruitment communications projects as assigned.
- Coding, maintaining, and updating outgoing communication to students across all channels.
- Admissions social media: Admissions Instagram account, advising on the appropriate channels, messages and activity.
- Liaise with the Marketing Department on the development of admission/recruitment materials.
- Contribute to Admissions & Marketing Calendar to guide internal processes and external touch points for the Admissions team.
- Develop admissions-specific merchandise for recruitment.
Qualifications / Education / Training
- At least two years of experience in a similar role.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Recent experience of working in a similar communications role.
- Experience of working within higher education would be beneficial.
- Experience in writing for new media (web & social).
- CRM experience, preferable knowledge of Salesforce, Pardot, Slate.
- Social media experience.
Skills, Knowledge, and Level of Competency
- Native English speaker level (fluency in Italian would be viewed very favorably).
- Excellent skills in oral and written communication, ability to produce content in Italian a plus.
- A diplomatic, customer-focused solutions provider focused on outcomes and able to work on their own initiative.
- Ability to communicate ideas and narratives effectively to multiple audiences of differing backgrounds & experiences.
- Ability to adapt and customize materials for use and reuse across various communications channels.
- Ability to produce clear, accurate, effective outputs to agreed deadlines.
- A team worker with an adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Creative, imaginative, and entrepreneurial thinker
- A highly organized individual with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Enjoys working collaboratively and seeking collaborative opportunities.
In the range of 24-27k, dependent on experience
Please email your CV and a covering letter outlining why you see yourself as a suitable candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org (quote re: Admissions Communication Coordinator ADM/2021),
Proposed start date:
October 1st, 2021.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The American University of Rome is an equal opportunities employer.
Pursuant to Art. 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 and Art. 13 and 14 of EU Regulation 2016/679
The American University of Rome, with registered office in Rome, at Via Pietro Roselli n. 4, as Data Controller, pursuant to Articles 4 and 28 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 (hereinafter, the “Privacy Act”) and Articles 4, 7, and 24 of EU Regulation 2016/679 regarding the protection of personal data for natural persons (hereinafter, “EU Regulation”). Please be advised that pursuant to Art. 13 of the Privacy Act, and Art. 13 and 14 of the EU Regulation, we are the Data Controller for your persona data. As such, we shall process your data for the purposes, and using the methods indicated herein, in compliance with the aforementioned laws and regulations, as well as the principles of lawfulness, ethics, minimization, integrity, transparency, accountability, and the duties of confidentiality to which the undersigned University is bound, in order to provide the utmost protection to your privacy.