Our Virtual Open Events feature a combination of video, live chat, mini-lectures, and webinar information sessions. If you'd like to find out exactly what it means to live and learn in Rome, the Eternal City, this is your perfect opportunity!
AUR Open Events, in-person and online.
AUR Open Days have been designed to give you a clear insight into what it means to be a student at an American University in Rome, Italy. You'll hear from, and be able to ask questions of, faculty, students, Admissions staff, Financial Aid counselors, the Student Life team, and even the President of the university. We are a small but highly diverse community and we welcome your interest in learning more about us - and how we can help you achieve your life goals!
Each of our events is slightly different but, in general, they'll include a mix of the following:
- Welcome remarks from the President and/or the Dean of Students
- Why study internationally and why in Italy?
- What are experiential and immersive learning - and what are the benefits?
- Housing and Student Life - where do students live and what's life like in Rome?
- Admissions criteria - what do we look for in the 'perfect' AUR student?
- Budgeting for your international education.
- Open Q&A session - ask us anything!
- Individual subject sessions with professors and students from that major
- International Relations & Global Politics
- Business Administration and Travel & Tourism Management
- Film and Communications & Digital Media
- Archaeology & Classics
- English Writing, Literature, & Publishing
- Art History and Fine Arts
- Interdisciplinary Studies.
- ROUNDTABLE WITH AUR STUDENTS AND ADMISSIONS, 17 FEBRUARY - 19:00
[REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT HERE]
MOVING OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM
When students leave the classroom, they begin to see the connections between what they learn on campus and what's actually happening in the ‘real-world’. Frequent and relevant academic field trips allow our students to understand the direct relationship between theoretical underpinnings and the practical application of this knowledge to solve real problems.