This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity will see an intimate group of alumni and university-friends guided around the world-heritage sites of Albania by Dr. Richard Hodges.
Richard will share his first-hand knowledge of the history, the local culture and the game-changing excavations - of which he has been a key-player.
You will also gain a fascinating insight into the arcane world of archaeology and archaeologists - a guaranteed eye-opener for the uninitiated!
Note; for a sneak-peek into at the world through the eyes of an archaeologist, take a look at Richard's latest book 'Travels with an Archaeologist: finding a sense of place' or visit his always fascinating blog at richardhodges.net
This is a one-week trip exploring Albania and Corfu.
- Spend time exploring within a small group led by AUR President, Dr. Richard Hodges
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Butrint with the Butrint Foundation’s former scientific director and leading architect, Dr. Hodges
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Historic Berat and Gjirokaster
- Relax on the tranquil and beautiful beaches of Corfu
- In one week, tour 2,000 years of heritage.
- Expert Scholar & Tour Manager
- Meals - as per the itinerary
- Local Transport
- Entries & Tips
Dates: May 15, 2019 - May 22, 2019 (8 days)
Booking deadline: January 15, 2019