Please note: These course details are in summary format and are subject to change. For full details and the latest updates, please visit here.
2023 - 2024 Full catalog
Spring 2024 Course Offer
- Spring 2024 Undergraduate course offerings by subject area
- Spring 2024 Graduate course offerings by subject area
Fall 2024 Course Offer
- Fall 2024 Undergraduate course offerings by subject area
Please note, the pdf linked above is a snapshot; correct at time of publication but subject to updates.
For the latest information, access the live catalog here.
Institutional Student Learning Outcomes
The goals of The American University of Rome’s General Education program are:
- to achieve a broad knowledge base drawn from multiple disciplines, typical of an American Liberal Arts Education.
- to develop and strengthen basic skills which will prepare students upon graduation for a modern working environment and which will be adaptable to a rapidly evolving economy.
- to use Rome as a classroom and as an invaluable learning resource.
- to encourage active and responsible citizenship through knowledge of the forces shaping the actions of individuals and societies and through the development of critical thinking.
- to cultivate an awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity and its importance in personal and professional decision-making.
The goals of The American University of Rome’s General Curriculum are:
- to gain deep disciplinary knowledge
- to acquire research or creative skills (as required by the student’s major(s))
Approved by the Division Chairs on April 20, 2023